What is Center for the Arts?
- The Center for the Arts is a division of Salt Lake County. We own and operate Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, and the ArtTix ticketing service.
Where are the venues?
How do I contact Center for the Arts?
- Center for the Arts General Information – 801-323-6800
- Venue Rental – 801-323-6852
- ArtTix – 801-355-ARTS
CENTER FOR THE ARTS VENUES
Who can I call to book a venue?
- Contact Melinda Cavallaro at 801-323-6852 or email her at email@example.com.
Are your technical specs posted online?
- Capitol Theatre
- Abravanel Hall
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center - Black Box, Jeanné Wagner Theatre, Studio Theatre
Where can I get venue information & photos?
What additional services do you provide?
Center for the Arts offers our clients a full range of services and equipment.
- ArtTix – ArtTix is the official full service ticketing system for all Center for the Arts venues. Your patrons can purchase tickets at our ticket windows, by phone, or online.
- Event Management – A full-time Event Manager will work with you from start to finish ensuring your event runs smoothly.
- Production Management – Our full-time production management staff will work with you on all your technical needs.
- Front of House – We provide House Managers, Head Ushers, Ushers, Security, and Medical staff for each event.
- Lighting & Audio Equipment – All Center for the Arts venues have a full complement of standard lighting and sound equipment. Should you require additional equipment, our stage management staff will assist you.
- Food & Beverage Services – Center for the Arts contracts with an outside vendor for event refreshment sales. Should you wish to serve food or beverage, your event manager will explain the requirements.
Where can I get event tickets?
- You can purchase single tickets for all events at Center for the Arts venues through ArtTix. For subscription tickets, please contact our Resident and Tenant Arts Companies directly.
What are your policies on children attending events?
- We recommend that most performances are appropriate for children ages 8 and up; however, some events are specifically for children of all ages. If you have a question, please confirm the appropriate age for a specific event with an ArtTix agent or the performing company. Babes-in-arms are not allowed in the theater during performances unless specifically indicated.
How do I get to the Center for the Arts venues?
- You can ride TRAX or a UTA bus to any of the venues. For schedules and stops, please visit www.utabus.org.
- Parking – There is plenty of paid parking around each venue.
What are your ADA accommodations?
- Wheelchair and companion seating is available in each venue. When purchasing your ticket, please inform an ArtTix agent that you require a wheelchair space. If you would like curbside assistance from the House Manager, please arrive 30 minutes before curtain time.
- Assistive Listening Devices are available free of charge at each performance on a first-come, first-served basis at Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre and Jeanné Wagner Theatre. You may check-out devices at the Coat Check station or ask an Usher for assistance.
Are photos, video, or audio recordings allowed?
- As a general rule, Center for the Arts does not allow patrons to take any photographs or any audio or video recordings at performances in our venues; however, there are exceptions. Should you have questions about photos, video or audio recording, please ask the ArtTix agent when purchasing your ticket, or contact the performing company directly.
What is the dress code?
- Many people wonder what to wear to an event at Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, or at The Rose. Depending on the event, you may see anything from jeans to tuxedos; if you are not sure, a good rule of thumb is to wear business casual attire.
What is the late seating policy?
- If you have a reserved seat, it will be held for you until the curtain rises. Should you arrive late, you will be seated in alternate spot out of consideration for patrons already seated. During some productions late seating may not occur until an intermission. When traveling to performances, please allow ample travel time for traffic delays, road construction and parking.
Can I check my coat?
- You may check your coat in the lobbies of all Center for the Arts venues.